Monday, December 12, 2011

horrible experience in Brown County Restaurant

Good Morning, I just wanted to share this horrible experience with my fellow Hoosiers (and others), in case you ever vist Brown County (Nashville, In). My daughter, daughter-in-law, and another friend, and I went on a bus tour from here in southern Indiana to Brown County yesterday. We were looking forward to a nice autumn day of shopping and getting away. This was my first time since bariatric surgery (Sept 10) of going away for the day, and I packed a few things that I knew I could eat for fear of not finding anything else. Ultimately, we split up and my daughter and I were on our own to find food soon after arriving.



We studied the menus posted outside most eateries, and chose a place that specilized in coffees, because they had breakfasts, so I could just get some eggs. We had to stand in line to order, and when I asked for eggs, the man said in a very loud voice, ';what%26#39;s the matter with you, we don%26#39;t do eggs this late!'; (it was not quite 11 AM). I quickly chose a serving of cottage cheese and my daughter got a grilled cheese. We retreated to a small quiet booth in the back to eat. I had packed a small bag of whey puffs that I purchased online so I got them out to eat with the cottage cheese. We had barely started to eat, when a gangly teenager came out to our table and told me to stop eating the puffs because I did not buy them there! I nicely explained that I had a very limited menu, had post surgical food needs, etc. So he goes to get what I suppose was his mother. A middle aged skinny blonde woman appears and gets down and literally screams in my face to put them away.



She says that the Health Dept would ';shut her down'; if I continue to eat them, etc. I have been in the restaurant business for 20 years and I know that this is just a lame excuse to keep people from taking up table space to eat other foods on a busy Saturday. I point this out to her, because I am quite annoyed by now. So, she actually threw us out!!!



I know that in a busy tourist location, she doesn%26#39;t have to worry about keeping customers happy, but I don%26#39;t see how anyone could be so horrible to people!



Well, anyway, if anybody visits this little town, I suggest that you steer clear of this place. (The Daily Grind Coffee Shop)



horrible experience in Brown County Restaurant


Hi gingermom 8,





Sorry this happened to you. Thanks for taking the time to post and warn us.





NYCHUBBY

No comments:

Post a Comment