Monday, December 12, 2011

The Columbia Club- I'm confused!

It was my understanding that the Columbia Club in downtown Inday was for private members or their guests. But, I saw that you can book the room on Expedia or other sites. Can I book a room on one of these travel sites without being a member? If I so, are there any special fees for nonmembers??



Thanks in advance for any advice you might be able to give.



The Columbia Club- I'm confused!


The Columbia Club,like many ';private'; places in these times are looking for ways to generate money so they do have a few rooms to book. It is right in the middle of downtown on ';The Circle';. There used to be two ';clubs'; in downtown Indy. The Columbia Club and The Indianapolis Athletic Club (at Vermont and Meridian Streets). The IAC, I believe was taken over by a major hotel chain and now has condos in it and still has the private area. The Columbia Club was the place where the republcan party went and The Indianapolis Athletic Club is where the democrats belonged (or visa versa). I have been in the CC once or twice and it is nice



The Columbia Club- I'm confused!


Yep, you%26#39;re right about the general affiliations of the two clubs.





This past June, I booked ten rooms at the CC, yet am not a member. No hassles at all, terrific front desk service both for reservations and for check-in and out.





If booking the Columbia Club, ask for the newly remodeled rooms that face the Circle. Lacking availability of those, ask for any other newly remodeled rooms. All will be nice to very nice - the rooms not yet remodeled (if there are any that haven%26#39;t been remodeled now) are (were) not-so-nice. The rooms are small, but well appointed - and the club is a classic - with a very nice bar and dining room. The bar was a GREAT place for my business associates to gather for a couple of drinks before heading out for a night on the town, and the public sitting areas are quite out-of-the-ordinary in comparison to those of your run-of-the-mill hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment